Downloading and Using My Primers
Thank You for investing in my Primer!
From time to time, I have download questions or problems from my customers, and they are usually just due to internet download issues.
In such an event, you can email me at: dave [at] davelitten [dot] com if you are really stuck!
BUT FIRST, please read on:
To help my customers out and to give some general advice should you have any download problems or trouble reading and using my product, this short article will be helpful to you:
- Having paid for my Primer via PayPal or your debit/credit card, you will be sent an email with your download links. They will look similar to this:
- I have used an example above from one of my customers who has another 227 hours left to download, but you will have 10 days from your time of order.
- If you live in an area where you have a poor internet connection, and are having problems downloading the files, my webmaster (and Nephew, Nick Litten), has some helpful advice and a great download tool HERE!
- You will then own a Lifetime Single User License so you will have access to my files for as long as you wish as there is NO usage time limit, but I must remind you that you MUST NOT share these files with others as both PayPal and I regard that as product theft.
- You will have 12 such download buttons, one of each zipped file, so you will want to click on EACH of the orange buttons to download each zipped file in turn.
- These are ZIPPED files and you will need to unzip them first. If you are using Windows, that program will already be on your PC.
- I recommend that you create a new folder (perhaps on your desktop) for handy and easy reference of your study materials
- The downloaded zipped files will look like this (They will initially be in your Windows download folder, and I recommend you copy them to your desktop for ease of use:
- Once unzipped, you will find the documents are all PDF and you will need the free Adobe Reader to view them or to print them out. Again, it is likely that you will already have that program on your PC/MAC/Mobile.
- The video files are all in MP4 format and the Windows media player on your PC will play them just fine, but again if you have problems playing my files, you should check that you have the latest version installed on your computer.
- My webmaster Nick has his favourite video player because it plays just about anything! You can get a free download HERE!
- I get some question of customers who can’t play their videos on, say and iPad, now since I don’t own one, I normally put a search query in Google such as “How do I play MP4 files on my iPad”. There are many sites that will give you great advice, and I offer you THIS one as an example.
The iPhone 4+ does play of MP4 videos… Safari is a browser which runs on any device (iPhones, iPads, Macs, Windows, etc).
There is a known problem with older version of Safari on iPhone where it does not play back certain resolutions of video in the browser sessions.
You will find some notes HERE.
The work-around is to:
- download the video to your iPhone and then play it locally or
- install a media player that supports all video formats
The MP4 video format is compatible with the iPhone, meaning you should be able to play video files without needing any conversion or re-encoding.
For many situations, the native Video application on the iPhone will be fine for watching an MP4 file, whether on your phone or your computer.
However, several independently developed apps can give added functionality.
Ninety-Nine percent of my customers download my PMP Primer files and have no problems whatsoever, so if you are…. don’t panic!
I am here to help…here’s my email again: dave [at] davelitten [dot] com
Oh Yes, and Good Luck with your preparation and your exams, DO email me when you Pass!