The International Institute Of Advanced Project Management
Businesses Need Content Marketers
(or…Why You Need To Get Certified)
I’m not going to sell you on the importance of content marketing.
If you’re here, you already know it’s an essential aspect of any digital marketing strategy, because content marketing:
- Builds authority and credibility…
- Engages and nurtures both prospects and customers by providing ACTUAL value, and most importantly it…
- Enables your message to spread to new audiences organically (i.e. for free!)…
In other words, content marketing delivers traffic, leads and customers: The lifeblood of any business.
So that’s why businesses need content marketers.
There’s just one problem: Most so-called “content marketers” don’t know what they’re doing.
Are You A “Doer”…or Just a “Talker”
(…Who Actually Know What They’re Doing)
Let’s face it: Marketing experts are a dime a dozen.
So how do you separate those who “walk the talk” from the ones who merely…
That’s the problem!
And at DigitalMarketer, it was our problem, too. You see, we don’t just teach marketing best practices, we actually DO MARKETING for businesses that we ACTUALLY OWN. We aren’t just researchers, nor or are we merely journalists.
We’re business owners running companies (both online and offline) in B2B and B2C markets selling everything from cosmetics to camping equipment to industrial water filters and everything in-between.
In other words: WE ACTUALLY DO THIS STUFF…
…so we know how hard it is to find truly skilled people who know what they’re talking about.
And that’s why we created the “Content Marketing Specialist” course and certification.
We built this certification to train our own team members, but in the spirit of “open sourcing” our business (which is what DigitalMarketer is all about) we’re now making this certification and training available to the world.
Why Should You Get Certified?
…maybe you don’t need the certification.
But what about your team? Do you know for a fact that they’re up to speed on all the latest and greatest content marketing strategies?
If you’re not sure, or if you just want them to receive the exact same training the team at DM receives, then get them certified!
They’ll love the fact that you’re investing in them, and you’ll love the fact that they’re performing at the highest level possible for your company.
Also, there’s no rule that you have to sit for the test. If the training is more important to you than the certification, then just take the training and look at the test as an optional extra. (But if I were you I’d take it anyway just to make sure you’re fully grasping all the concepts.)
Oh yeah, and if you’re an agency or other marketing professional, then you already know how important certifications are to distancing yourself from the competition. And who knows? It might even help youclaim higher fees for the work you’re already doing.
Either way, if you expect the best for your company, then this course and certification is for you.
If you’re an individual…
If you’re a business owner…
…this certification will set you apart from the pack.
Unlike everyone else who simply calls themselves a “content marketer,” you’ll have the certificate and the badge to prove it, from a source that businesses trust.
More importantly, it will make you a better marketer.
Why? Because you’re receiving the exact same training you would receive as an employee at DigitalMarketer. (And without tooting our horn too much, we’re pretty good at this stuff!)
And we held nothing back.
These are the same systems and strategies our internal team uses to grow all our different blog and authority properties, taught by our Editorial Director (the person in charge of all the content and social marketing at DigitalMarketer), Russ Henneberry.
So, if you want to:
- Enhance your career (or start a new one)
- Learn the latest and greatest tactics (that actually work)
- Expand your skill set, distance yourself from the competition, and jump to a higher pay grade…
…this course and certification is for you.
Step 3: Display Your Badge
How Does It Work?
The Content Marketing Mastery course is 7 hours of video lessons plus 6 downloadable handouts, 6 module-specific quizzes and one final exam. (NOTE: A complete course description can be found at the bottom of this page.)
The course level is intermediate/advanced, and is the exact same training new employees at DigitalMarketer are required to complete prior obtaining a position in any of our portfolio companies.
Step 1: Take the Course
Upon successful completion of the course and exams, you will receive a personalized badge and certificate.
Our badges leverage Mozilla’s “Open Badges Project”so your accomplishment can be displayed in all the places that matter, including: your website, email signature, job placement sites, community portals, Wordpress blogs, Twitter status updatesand your LinkedIn profile.
Plus, your digital certificate is full color, printable and issuitable for framing should you wish to display your achievement at your home or office.
At the end of each core module you will take a brief quiz to ensure that you understand the basic concepts covered in that module. Once you have completed each quiz for each module, you will then be able to sit for the final exam (which is taken online) and upon successful completion you will have earned your certification.
Our exams aren’t “tricky,” but they do require that you know the information if you want to pass. A passing grade is 70, and you can retake the test twice (for a max total of 3 attempts). If you do not receive a passing grade after your third attempt, you will be required to go back through the module prior to taking the test again.
The exams are untimed, and consist of 30-50 multiple-choice and true/false questions. Allow 45 to 60 minutes to complete the exam. Ideally the exam should be taken in one sitting, however, your answers are saved if you need to come back and finish at a later time.
Step 2: Pass the Test
Become a Certified Content Marketing Specialist Today!
What You’ll Get:
Tuition: Limited Time Special Just $495
Course Length: 7 Hours
Expected Completion Time: 3 – 7 Days
When you enroll today, you’ll receive instant access to:
- The Content Marketing Mastery Course
- 6 Core Modules
- 40 Video Lessons
- 6 Handouts (4 worksheets and 2 flowcharts)
- 6 Quizzes (one for each module)
Plus, upon successful completing of the course and all exams you will also receive:
- A badge designating you as a Certified Content Marketing Specialist that can be hosted on your website, email signature and LinkedIn profile
- A digital, printable certificate suitable for framing
- Status and recognition as a Certified Content Marketing Specialist
DigitalMarketer Is Different
Yes, you can find other trainings and certifications that cover similar topics, but a DigitalMarketer certification is unique because it’s built and taught by real marketers who actually sell their own products and services online.
In other words, we aren’t journalists or “researchers.” We’re in-the-trenches doers who despise untested theory and believe that the best way to learn something is to roll up your sleeves and get your hands a little dirty. If that sounds appealing, then welcome! You’ve found your home.
What You’re About To Discover:
- How to create your Customer Avatar so you can architect a content strategy that attracts leads and buyers.
- The 8 tools you’ll need to be an effective content marketer
- The “GC = A” Content Marketing Formula that connects the dots between content and sales
- The TOFU/MOFU/BOFU content strategy thattransforms ice cold prospects at the top of the funnel (TOFU) into loyal buyers of even your most expensive products and services at the bottom of the funnel (BOFU)
- The 6 types of content you need in the Middle of the Funnel (MOFU) to generate targeted leads and prospects
- 5 content types that convert leads into serial, high-ticket buyers
- Choose from 12 Goals, 16 Metrics and 21 different types of content to create a content strategy that is laser focused on moving the needle for your organization. (Building this content plan is a snap using our Content Marketing Plan worksheets)
- The 60-Second Editorial Planner document that makes content planning a breeze (Seriously… you can plan a week of content in less than a minute)
- 6 simple article tweaks (My favorite is “Hiding Easter Eggs”) you can make to any piece of content that will get it CONSUMED
- The 4 proven ways to find people that can create content for you (and the two ways you can motivate them to create outstanding content for you)
- 212 blog post ideas that guarantee you’ll never have writers block again including…
- 8 blog post types that hijack the virality and authority of OPC (Other People’s Content)…you won’t have to write a single word.
- The 11 Point SEO Health Check that uncovers the CATASTROPHIC structural issues that will condemn your website to Google Purgatory (Learning to spot these issues is guaranteed to make you a hero)
- The SEO silo process that has worked since the first blogs went online in the 90’s, stopped working when the spammers started keyword stuffing and building shady links, and now is the ONLY thing that works to get free Google traffic.
- The 9 Components of The Perfect Email Newsletter (The “Greased Chute” opening and “Drill Down” P.S. are two tactics that drive email traffic through the roof)
- PLUS… you’ll learn the 8 organic (free) and 5 paid traffic channels you can employ to spread your content across the social web (Adding these traffic strategies to great content is liking pouring gasoline on a bonfire)
Course Details and Description
Module 1: Creating Your Customer Avatar
- Lesson 1: Start Here
- Lesson 2: What To Expect
- Lesson 3: The What and Why of Content Marketing
- Lesson 4: Creating a Customer Avatar
- Lesson 5: Content Technology
- Lesson 6: The Marketing Funnel
Module 2: Top of Funnel Content
- Lesson 1: TOFU Goals
- Lesson 2: TOFU Content Types
- Lesson 3: TOFU Metrics
- Lesson 4: YOUR TOFU Content Plan
Module 3: Middle of Funnel Content
- Lesson 1: MOFU Goals
- Lesson 2: MOFU Content Types
- Lesson 3: Lead Magnet Checklist
- Lesson 4: MOFU Metrics
- Lesson 5: Your MOFU Content Plan
Module 4: Content Marketing Metrics
- Lesson 1: BOFU Goals
- Lesson 2: BOFU Content Types
- Lesson 3: BOFU Metrics
- Lesson 4: Your BOFU Content Plan
Module 5: Blog Marketing
- Lesson 1: How To Use This Section
- Lesson 2: WordPress Basics
- Lesson 3: 212 Blog Post Ideas
- Lesson 4: The Editorial Calendar
- Lesson 5: Writing Headlines
- Lesson 6: 8 Post Types
- Lesson 7: Inserting Calls To Action
- Lesson 8: Finding and Managing Writers
- Lesson 9: Writing/Editing Great Content
- Lesson 10: Lead Magnets and Blogs
- Lesson 11: Opt-In Boxes and Squeeze Pages
- Lesson 12: Repurposing Content
- Lesson 13: Blog Launches
Module 6: Content Distribution
- Lesson 1: How To Use This Section
- Lesson 2: Content Distribution Basics
- Lesson 3: Organic Content Distribution: Email
- Lesson 4: Organic Content Distribution: SEO
- Lesson 5: Organic Content Distribution: Social
Become a Certified Content Marketing Specialist Today!
Become a Certified Content Marketing Specialist Today!
About Your Instructor
Russ Henneberry is the Editorial Director for DigitalMarketer. Prior to joining DigitalMarketer, Russ was on the content marketing team for Salesforce.com, and also helped launch a blog a well-known marketing SaaS, growing it from zero to 120,000 unique visitors per month in less than a year.
Russ got his start in search engine optimization and pay per click marketing, managing 20 developers and over 600 digital marketing projects for small to mid-sized businesses. It was at Salesforce that Russ began to master the art of content marketing at all stages of the sales and marketing funnel to create value for a company.
In his time at Digital Marketer, front end traffic to Digital Marketer content has increased by 1125%. The content marketing team, under Russ’s management, generates 1000’s of leads and front end sales per month by developing and executing a truly “full funnel” content marketing strategy.
Q: “How long does it take to finish the course and receive my certification?”
A: This class is 7 hours of video training, so if you are working at it full-time you could technically complete the class and take all the tests in one day (although this is not recommended). To fully understand and apply the materials, you should allow 3 – 7 days if you are working full-time, and 14 – 21 days if you taking the class part-time.
Q: “Am I guaranteed to get certified if I take the class?”
A: No. A certification that can simply be purchased isn’t worth the paper it’s printed on. That’s why our courses are challenging. If we’re going to allow you to display a DigitalMarketer badge, you better believe you’re going to have to earn it.
Q: “I don’t care about the certification…can I just audit the class?”
A: Right now the cost for the class is $495. Ordinarily the sit fee for the certification exam is $200, but currently we have waved that fee and are allowing students to take the exam up to 3 times for free. This will change in the future, at which time we may allow non-certification candidates to audit our classes at a discounted rate, but the price will never be lower than $495.
Q: “How difficult is the test?”
A: You’ll find that the test is “satisfyingly difficult.” By that I mean, it’s difficult enough that you need to actually know the materials, but it isn’t tricky or difficult just for the sake of being difficult. That said, to preserve the exclusivity and importance of this designation, we have made the tests challenging and the questions do pertain to our proprietary methodologies, so you shouldn’t expect to be able to pass the test just because you have taken other content marketing trainings or courses in the past. This training is different, and the exams will reflect those differences.
Q: “Are scholarships available?”
A: At this time no scholarships are available. Fortunately we have priced our classes so that they are affordable to all, especially compared to similar certification classes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: “How will this certificate help me?”
A: It depends on who you are…
If you’re a business owner, this certification is a great way to learn content marketing yourself. It’s also a great way to train and certify members of your own team to ensure that they’re up to speed on the latest trends and best practices.
If you’re an agency, this certification is a tangible way to show that you are a Content Market Specialist, which could help you attract and retain better, higher-paying clients.
If you’re a student, this certificate can set you apart from other graduates who merely have a business or marketing degree, but specialized skills that employers today are desperately seeking.
If you’re an employee or marketing professional, this certificate can make you more valuable to your company, which is the surest way to get that raise or promotion you likely already deserve (but don’t have a tangible reason to request).
Q: “How valuable is this certification?”
A: The certification itself is highly valuable if you need to set yourself apart from the competition. What’s far more valuable than any badge or certificate, however, is the actual knowledge you’re going to receive when you take this class and pass all the tests. You will know content marketing. I’ll say that again: YOU WILL KNOW CONTENT MARKETING.
Q: “What if I fail? Am I allowed to retake the test?”
A: Yes, you make retake the test up to 2 times (for a total of 3 attempts). After 3 failed attempts, you will be required to retake the class (which you can do for free) and all the module quizzes prior to attempting the final exam again.
Q: “How long do I have to complete the class and take the test once I am enrolled?”
A: You can move at your own pace! We understand that life happens, and that just because you enroll today that doesn’t mean you’ll be able to finish (or even start) the class this week. And that’s ok! Take as long as you like. We aren’t going anywhere, and neither is this certification.
Copyright 2015 – Digital Marketer – All Rights Reserved